Sunday, October 19, 2008

Shaken and Stirred : Life isn't a Martini

There are many ways to tell this.

A child who gets a new toy, gives up the old one he had and loved for so long, just to play with the new one for a while and realizing that it’s not what he actually wanted tosses it away, goes back to the old one and loves it even more. Or a man who doesn’t bother enough to care for his new car drives over a steep bump and is shaken to his soul, realizes that all it takes it one bump to break apart his car unless he takes care of it and he does it really well eventually.Or a simple matter of changing breakfast cereals for a change and then after a while realizing that it’s not suiting your palate go back to your old and faithful choice and promise to stick to it.

Well the crux of the matter is that it takes a very small transition to make you realize that what you have at hand is really important and that, my friend, is what you really want and not the transitory gatecrasher. 

Ah that is nice, let me see,

Oh what a wonderful life it might be

With this thing in my heart

Life is as wonderful as yellow is Bart.

But then alas, a choice to make,

Which to keep and which to bake,

O! this one for sure. Or maybe that.

Thomas Friedman isn’t sure that the world is flat.

This one it is. I know I love it.

And you there, just for a while, just go and shove it.

I was glee and my thirty-two showed,

But I was sad for the one who was mowed.

Tough call buddy. Had your chance.

Time for us to shake booty and dance.

We had our moments and things looked swell.

Then choices were re-thought and sub-zero went hell.

Karma is bad thing. Came around

And kicked me in the arse right when I found

Two days of joy and a year of tears.

God said. You have a problem son. I’am all ears.

I tucked away the space and time,

Walked far away from the scene of crime.

Going back to the old and faithful is the best thing to do,

Who, despite being told to shove it was standing by you.

We become in life by the choices we stick,

Voldemort or Harry. Take a pick.

Thanks for the time that you had showed,

Wherever you are, remember the bump on the road. 

No comments: